Tails Humane Society will be re-openning to the public beginning Saturday, November 7 for our normal business hours of Mon-Fri from 12-7pm and Sat-Sun from 12-5:30pm. As always, masks and proper social distancing while visiting the shelter will be required. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- We are following social distancing guidelines and may need to limit the number of visitors in the shelter. Should the shelter be at visitor capacity, you will be given a buzzer and asked to remain outdoors or in your car for a few minutes until more space is available.
- As the safety of our animals, staff and visitors is a top priority, masks will still be required for entry to the shelter and visitors should continue to keep an appropriate distance from others. We will also have hand sanitizer stations set up throughout the building and will be cleaning all high touch surfaces regularly.
- We look forward to helping you find your new best friend! For more information on shelter hours, location, or to view our available animals, please visit TailsHumaneSociety.org
Services, Programs and Donations
- Our spay/neuter clinic is open to the public with safe and convenient curbside drop off and pick up services. To learn more or schedule your appointment, please visit our clinic page here.
- Dog Training: Tails dog training will resume in-person classes at the Training Center the week of June 8. Class sizes will be smaller and limited to one person per dog. Online classes that offer training options for the whole family will continue for all levels. If you or someone you know is interested in being added to an online or in person class, please contact Crystal at email@example.com.
- Volunteer orientations: Tails is closed to volunteers and not scheduling any orientations at this time.
- Fostering: Want to help us save the lives of homeless companion animals? If you are interested in becoming a foster, please complete the application on our website and our Foster Coordinator will be in touch soon.
- Donations: We welcome your donations! For the health and safety of everyone involved, please leave all donation item inside the vestibule of the shelter’s lobby located at 2250 Barber Greene Rd. DeKalb, IL 60115. If someone in your home is not feeling well or has recently been ill, we ask that you do not drop off donations at this time. You can also continue to help the animals in our care by donating via our Amazon Wishlist or by making a life saving monetary donation on our website here.
- Surrenders: We understand that making the choice to give up your pet can be difficult. If you need to give up your pet, please call to schedule an appointment at 815-758-2457 ext 102 and leave a message for our team.
- We recommend that all pet owners prepare a plan for your pets in case you become ill. If you have the room in your home, please consider reaching out to friends and family to provide support for their pets in the event of illness or hospitalization.