Last update: 04.02.2020
Effective Sun 3/22, Tails Humane Society is now closed to anyone except essential employees and those with scheduled appointments for the duration of the Shelter in Place Order. Please see the information below on how we are handling things in the shelter.
- Adoptions: As of 04/02, we are currently processing limited adoptions by appointment only. Potential adopters can fill out an adoption application here. Please continue to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org for specific questions about our adoptable animals. Thank you all for your patience and support as we work to keep this process as safe and efficient as possible.
- Fostering: We have found foster homes for the majority of the pets in the shelter, but still have more staying there. If you are interested in being a short term foster, please complete the application on our website and our Foster Coordinator will be in touch soon.
- Surrenders: If you need to give up your pet, please call to schedule an appointment at 815-758-2457 ext 102 and leave a message. We ask that if the need to surrender is not urgent, please hold off during this period so that we can respond to emergency situations that may arise in times of crisis like these.
- Pet food is needed more than ever as we support our community, many who may find purchasing pet food outside their means in this difficult time. You can find these items on our Wishlist and have them shipped right to our door.
- Volunteer orientations: Tails is closed to volunteers and not scheduling any orientations at this time.
- Our spay/neuter clinic is closed through at least April 30. We are not making appointments at this time.
- Dog Training: Tails will suspend training classes until at least April 30. We feel strongly that continuing to support the training of our dogs is vital so please continue to work on your lessons. Our trainer will be posting fun tips and ideas to do with your dog each day so please follow our Facebook training page at Tails Humane Society: Dog Training Program If you have questions or behavioral concerns please feel free to reach out to the trainer at email@example.com or call 630-251-4377.
- Donations: For the health and safety of everyone involved and to limit the number of people entering the building, our shelter lobby will now remain closed to donation drop offs. You can continue to help the animals in our care by donating via our Amazon Wishlist or by making a life saving monetary donation on our website here.
- We recommend that all pet owners prepare a plan for your pets in case you become ill. If you have the room in your home, please consider reaching out to friends and family to provide support for their pets in the event of illness or hospitalization.
***This is a developing situation. Please continue to check back for updates. For questions, please contact us at info@Tailshumanesociety.org or call 815-758-2457 ext 153.