Affordable Spay/Neuter Clinic
Our spay/neuter clinic is open to the public with safe and convenient curbside drop off and pick up service.
Reduce pet overpopulation and make your loved one healthier
The Tails Spay/Neuter clinic is a non-profit surgical clinic that provides high quality, affordable spay/neuter surgeries and preventative care. Our vision is to reduce dog and cat overpopulation so that all pets have a loving home.
Tails recognizes the direct link between the sterilization of pets and the pet overpopulation crisis. Which is why we operate the area’s only affordable spay/neuter clinic. We believe cost should not be a barrier to any pet owner who wants to do their part to help control the pet population!
- The Tails Spay/Neuter Clinic is open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- All surgeries are performed by a licensed veterinarian at the Tails Humane Society Spay/Neuter Clinic, 2270 Barber Greene Road, DeKalb, IL 60115.
- Surgeries are done by appointment only.
- Pets must be dropped off for surgery between 7:30-8:00am and must be picked up later that same day between 3:30-4:00pm.
- Puppies and kittens must be at least 16 weeks old at the time of surgery.
- Pre-anesthetic bloodwork is strongly recommended for dogs aged 6 years and older but bloodwork is available for any animal for an additional fee.
- We will need to know when your female dog’s last heat cycle finished to schedule a spay.
To request more information or schedule your appointment today, please call our clinic at
815-758-2457 ext. 114
Request more information by completing the form below. If you do not receive a response within 72 hours, please call us at 815-758-2457 ext. 114 for assistance.
In addition, the following services are available during the time of your pet’s spay/neuter appointment.
|FVRCP (feline distemper/upper respiratory combo)||$20|
|DA2PPV (canine distemper/parvo combo)||$20|
|DeKalb County Rabies Tag||$20|
|FeLV/FIV or Heartworm Test||$25|