Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic
Reduce pet overpopulation and make your loved one healthier
THE CLINIC IS NOW OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
The Tails Spay/Neuter clinic is a non-profit surgical clinic that provides high quality, affordable spay/neuter surgeries and preventative care. Our vision is to reduce dog and cat overpopulation so that all pets have a loving home.
Each year, millions of animals are euthanized in the United States. Tails recognizes the direct link between the sterilization of pets and the pet overpopulation crisis. That’s we operate the area’s only low-cost spay/neuter clinic. We believe cost should not be a barrier to any pet owner who wants to do their part to help control the pet population!
- All surgeries are performed by a licensed veterinarian at the Tails Humane Society Spay/Neuter Clinic, 2270 Barber Greene Road, DeKalb, IL 60115.
- Surgeries are done by appointment only.
- Pets need to be dropped off at Tails in the morning and picked up later the same day.
- Pre-anesthetic bloodwork is strongly recommended for dogs aged 6 years and older but bloodwork is available for any animal for an additional fee.
- We will need to know when your female dog’s last heat cycle finished to schedule a spay.
Low-cost vaccinations and microchips are available during surgery.
|We’re sorry but we can’t accommodate dogs over 100 lbs.|
In addition, the following services are available during the time of your pet’s spay/neuter appointment.
|FVRCP (feline distemper/upper respiratory combo)||$15|
|DA2PPV (canine distemper/parvo combo)||$15|
|DeKalb County Rabies Tag||$19|
|FeLV/FIV or Heartworm Test||$25|
Request more information by completing the form below. If you do not receive a response within 72 hours, please call us at 815-758-2457 ext. 114 for assistance.
Tails is Hiring!
Tropical Tails tickets on sale now!
Our annual dinner/auction gala, Tropical Tails is on Sat Mar 10 in DeKalb. This event raises much needed funds for the hundreds of animals in our care. Early bird pricing ends on Fri Feb 16! Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
Last updated 2/13/18